pulse bypass odorization system
PULSE BYPASS Odorization System
PRECO Pulse ByPass Odorizer
The PRECO Pulse Bypass Odorizer uses 0 to 300 cubic inches of operating gas with the use of up to four pulse bottles. This unique design feature allows the customer to make field adjustments of bottle volume. The working volume of the pulse bottle may be tuned by changing the length of the adjusting rod.
Principal of Operation
The operating principle of ByPass Odorization is to use higher pressure gas supply from the transmission line to introduce odorant vapors into a lower pressure feeder or distribution line. This is accomplished by diverting or bypassing un-odorized natural gas through an odorant filled day tank to mix with odorant vapors. Odorization occurs when the odorant saturated bypass gas is returned to the down streamline. A signal from a flow computer or a meter switch is received by the PRECO Sentinel II Controller to actuate the pulse bottle solenoid valve. The controls can operate on 110 VAC or 12 VDC Solar.
In addition to the adjustable volume pulse bottle, the system includes a day tank with odorant level & temperature gauge, and a bulk tank all mounted on one easy to install modular base skid or as shown with a containment tub. This system provides odorization that tracks the flow of natural gas. The PRECO Odorizer can be powered by either 110 VAC or 12 VDC with a PRECO solar assembly.
The PRECO Controller is a Solid State Controller. It receives a normally open dry contact closure proportional to flow, from the customer’s gas line instruments or PRECO meter interface switch or a 4-20 Milliamp signal.
- Explosion Proof, Low Watt Solenoid Valve
- Pulse Bottle with 0-300 cubic inches field adjustable volume
- Day Tank with Odorant Liquid Level Sight Gauge
- Bulk Tanks ranging from 20 gallons to 1450 gallons are available
- Modular Containment Tubs or Base Skid Frames
- Flow Tracking Controller
- Charcoal Vapor Canister
- Intrinsically Safe Meter Interface Switch Control
- Odorant Temp. Gauge
- Solar Controls and Solar Panels with Gel Cell Battery (Optional)
- Field Manual with installation drawings included in control cabinet
- Nema 4X enclosures
- Hot Dipped Galvanized Frames and Containments
- Easy modular installation